Saturday, September 3, 2011

Still on A5North for Now!!

Promise we have not dropped off the face of the earth. We are still on A5N making progress with Wright's pnuematosis. I took a short facebook/blog hiatus because it seems as soon as I update, things change and quite honestly I am just tired of the roller coaster. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by awesome nurses and other families whom seem like family. We see them more than I have seen anyone in the past year. In almost 2 weeks, September 20th to be exact, will be 1 year Wright and I have lived in Cincinnati. I have so many mixed feelings about how much our lives have changed this past year, both good and bad. It blows my mind sometimes the length of time we have been here, all Wright has been through, all that I have missed in little Hill's life, being away from Denny and seeing so many  families losing their children. It is really starting to take a toll on our entire family. Please continue to pray for all of us to have strength to endure this crazy ride. Today we were suppose to go on a pass, but Wright decided to spike another temp so we stayed at the hospital. Wright and I have so enjoyed being with Denny since Tuesday. We miss him so much and he always brings so much fun. He also brings us calmness, stability, confidence and just safety to our little world here. I could cry thinking about him leaving Monday.  Now, before I have my own little pity party, I must remind you how fortunate we are in so many ways. Wright talks, walks, eats, drinks, sleeps, plays, laughs, cries, jokes, cusses, loves, sings, prays and has a strong desire to get better so he can go home!!! Children are amazing gifts from God!! I will try to continue to update more frequently. Don't get too worried if you don't hear from us. It usually just means Mama (me) needs some time to adjust to a change, get her act together or I'm busy loving on my family. Happy Labor Day to all!!

Please pray for our friend Cole Hiestand who recently transferred to PICU. They have become very dear to us. Cole is ten and he was transplanted two weeks after Wright. He, like Wright, has been here for almost a year. His entire family needs our prayers.

1 comment: