Monday, September 5, 2011

Making our life a Glorious Adventure

Okay, Denny just left and honestly it probably was the hardest departure we have had in a long time. I have missed him so much. I think more than he will ever know. When he is here with us, all feels right in our world. I sometimes secretly resent the fact he gets to go home to "normal", but realize home isn't "normal" anymore. And maybe, just maybe, the old normal is not what we need. I know it is hard on him being a Daddy and Mama to Hill! He works at home and his job very hard to provide for our family. He also does an awesome job being a Daddy and husband to us hundreds of miles away. I ask you to pray for him to continue to be strong and healthy. Pray for God to keep him safe as he travels, works, sleeps, etc. I can not do this without him!

I pray every day for God to give our family strength but to also speak to us and show us what He wants us to do with our lives. I really struggle sometimes. Especially on days like yesterday when a wonderful Mom and Dad say goodbye to their child and give him back to God. I can not comprehend why sweet innocent children get sick, suffer and leave this world way too soon. I have a lot of questions for God when I go to heaven. I have a feeling I will have him hemmed up for a while chatting. Sounds pretty familiar, huh?

So anyway, I do believe in signs or that God speaks to us in unique ways. While I was "blog stalking" as a fellow blog follower calls it (I miss you sweet Lauren), I read on one of my favorite blogs a devotion that literally jumped out of the screen and grabbed my heart and spoke VOLUMES to me. It comes from Jesus Calling devotion:


Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth. I long to make your life a glorious adventure, but you must stop clinging to old ways. I am always doing something new with My beloved ones. Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you.

For the past year, I have been striving for a "normal" and "predictable" life.  Clinging to our old ways. I am always disappointed and let down with every "bump" in the road. I believe God wants me to stop mourning the loss of our old life and things I feel disappointed that we have missed. I think He is telling me to seek Him even greater than before and trust that if I let go of our "old" life and quit striving for what is safe and predictable that he has prepared something amazing for us.....He longs to make our life a  GLORIOUS ADVENTURE!! So pray for us as we try to let go of our "old" normal and help us to embrace our "new" normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment