Saturday, January 7, 2012

Missing our Wrightsie Roo!!

Since my last post, our Wrightsie Roo went to be with Jesus. I find myself thinking about him all the time and what he must be doing and seeing. I know without a doubt that he is just great and is having a "good,good day" as he use to say! I think about so many tender moments we have shared and it is literally hard for me to breathe sometimes. Oh, I can not wait to join him!


If it were not for Denny, Hill and our families, I would of probably crawled in my bed and still be there. Praise God they are here and still need me and I definitely need each of them. Please pray for them too! They try so hard to help me but they are hurting too. We all loved Wright so much and he brought an undescrible joy to all of our lives. He had a unique relationship with each of us. He truly was our angel on earth.


I find lately that I have random thoughts, incomplete thoughts......I spend alot of time thinking, crying, playing memories over and over in my head. I sit in Wright's room and smell his things. All the special things that we use to do flood my heart and I cry. Tears of joy because I have so many sweet memories of my time with Wright, but mainly tears of sadness because my heart aches and my body longs to hold him and kiss his sweet lips. God's grace is so awesome though!!!. I rarely recall "painful memories" from the past few years and even the last weeks with Wright.  As quick as one comes into my mind...it leaves and it is immediately replaced with a memory that makes me smile. Thank you Jesus!!!

 Thoughts

~~~~One of the most amazing things about God is his ability to use anything and everything- even bad circumstances and our wrong choices- to bring about His own good & perfect will~~~~ Godliness involves putting our hope in Christ~~~~~~ Always do your best to raise children who love God~~~~~ Our losses take time to heal, and many scars stay with us, but Christ has both the power to redeem our circumstances and the commitment to carry us through each day of the healing process~~~~Never doubt that people can truly change~~~~God is at work behind the scenes in your life, providentially preparing you for His purposes~~~~Greatness has nothing to do with possessions or position– not in God’s eyes~~~

10 comments:

  1. Dona, not only has Wright touched many lives so have you. You inspire me. I pray for you and your family and I know you feel the precious arms of Jesus around you. God Bless You and your family. Nancy Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are amazing! Even in the darkest times you are such a light for others! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dona, how proud God must be at the glory you have given him despite the horrible pain your in as a mother! I pray for your whole family daily. Thank Jesus for salvation so you will be with Wright again and this time for eternity! Thank you for the witness you have been and for showing true emotions! I pray many blessing for your whole family. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful it is to see that you have written! PLEASE DO NOT STOP!! The things you feel and have to say about this "other" journey is sooo important to others, even though you may not think so at this time. Your words are so powerful to us out here and help us in ways you will never understand. You are brave, courageous and a wonderful child of God too!! You may not see nor know your purpose now, but one is to let us know how to go on after such a tragedy. Your words are so much more powerful than you think and mean so much to people. Please continue to write them, even on days when you feel you have nothing "good" to say- those are the days you need to write the most, and we need to know about life the most. With love, hugs and prayers,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dona, my name is Lisa Burchfield George and I grew up in the Wallace-Harrells area, I attended WRH until the beginning of my junior year when my parents separated and we had to move. We are friends on Facebook and I know that we don't know each other personally. I have followed this journey with you and Wright since early on. I have read every comment and status that you have been so gracious to share with each of us. I have laughed cried and prayed too. I have also fallen in love with Wright and you and your family. Your words have been such a masterpiece to describe each and every feeling that you guys have experienced. Your words make us all feel like we are experiencing every moment with you. I really do think you should write a book about your experience. You truly have a gift.

    I think of you so often and when I am on FB I am always looking for a word from you. You are so encouraging and you give the rest of us courage to keep going. I have also experienced sadness, nothing that can even compare to yours but my marriage ended this year and going through the loss of this year has definitely made me evaluate my life. You are always there to make me feel more thankful and appreciative of the things we have. You are such a wonderful godly woman and I respect you enormously and I wish you so much going forward.

    Looking at the pictures of Wright I fell in love with him immediately, he just bubbled over with love and joy for everyone and for life. I have no idea of your loss but i know everyone loved him so much.

    I live in Raleigh and I just wanted to take this chance to invite you to my home and I would love to take you shopping or out to lunch and whatever you may need. If you ever feel like getting away or just in need of something new or different please know that you have a friend in Raleigh. I know that we don't know each other personally but I have been feeling so strongly to open the invitation for you. I have twins that are 13 a boy and a girl, and just know that my home is always open to you. I realize that this may be an unusual invitation but sometimes maybe this would be what is needed. I pray everyday for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweet Friend,
    Your strength and resilience amazes me. I read your facebook post a couple days ago about all the things you miss about Wright and sobbed....my heart aches for you. Your words help me to remember how important it is to savor those tender moments with my children. I think about you, Hill and Denny often and would love nothing more than to be able to give you a BIG hug! Today, you are back with an uplifting post and a new avenue to express your thoughts and feelings. Stay strong!!!
    I miss you!
    Love,
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING MOTHER, WIFE, DAUGHTER, SISTER AND FRIEND.....stay strong your battle has just begun. Wright's Warriors need you more than you will ever know. You are our strength, hope, light and love. As you and your family have been from the very beginning......in our prayers daily and our hearts forever!!
    Love,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly are something special, sister. It has been your journey that I have followed. I have loved hearing your words and the stories you tell about your family. There is so much goodness inside of you.

    You will get your joy back, unspeakable joy. As you walk in the valley, remember you are headed to the mountain's top. Each step you take, Wright is rooting for you. Every place you go, Jesus surrounds you with his hedge of love, hope and protection. God bless you, Dona. Your family continues to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know you Donna, but I've thought of you and your family so many times in the last few months. Like you, I have I no doubt that Wright is doing great, but as a mother myself, my heart aches for you and your family. I know one thing however, The Lord makes no mistakes, though we don't always understand here on earth..the smallest warriors he chooses to fight his battles are something truly special, and the families they have battling beside them are even stronger and more special...because they have to continue the battle...Our family is praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete